I’m a big fan of spelt so I use it a lot in my recipes. I use spelt flour, oats, cookies, pasta and also spelled bread. I’m a big fan, because of the amazing healthy benefits and the good taste and quality!
A lot of people don’t eat bread anymore because they are on a diet, but if you choose for the right bread you can eat bread in a healthy lifestyle. I agree a lot of bread lately is not that healthy anymore, it contains bread improvers like sugar, brightener and preservatives to make look the bread better, tatste better or smell better. So this is not for the quality of the bread but to makes it sells better.
Many people choose for a dark- colered bread because they think it’s healthier, But!! a dark-colored bread is not necessarily healthier! Most of the time dark- colered bread is fake. You can make the bread never so dark naturally wise. They add funds to it to make it look dark so it also sells better.
The percentage that is truly whole grain is much, much smaller. The darkest natural bread is only slightly tinted, darker colered bread is not made on a natural way.
For these reasons I prefer to eat spelt bread, but why is spelt bread better?
• Spelt is High in protein, Fibre, vitamins and complex carbohydrates.
• Spelt contains complete Protein: contains all the essential amino acids needed by the human body.
• Spelt has 3.25 mg iron, an essential mineral needes for healthy red blood cells.
The health benefits of spelt bread:
• It is higher in water solubility, making it easier to digest and aiding in the nutrients being more easily absorbed by the body.
• Spelt ensures a uniform blood sugar levels, what spelled grain makes particularly suitable for people with diabetes.
• This benefits makes you eat less, so it’s also good for weight lose or weight control.
• Spelt flour is more easily digested than wheat and is often tolerated by those with Gluten Sensitivity. (This is not a gluten free food however, so those who have a gluten allergy should not try spelt without their doctor’s approval!)
• Spelt can reduce the risk of childhood asthma considerably.
Spelt vs wheat:
Nutrition %: spelt/wheat
Proteins: 13,10 – 11,60
Carbohydrates: 67,70 – 62,50
Fats: 2,45 – 1,90
Minerals: 1,75 – 1,60
Fiber: 8,80 – 1,80
So……. there are so many good things about spelt, so why not eating spelt bread!?
Choose a good quality bread and a healthy spread or topping, an you can creat a healthy sandwich all clean!
Because I get a lot of questions about what kind of bread I eat and what I eat on my bread, here a few healthy sandwich recipes, all clean and sugarfree!
– 2 spelt bread
– 1 teaspoon soya butter
– Grease the soya butter on the two slices of bread.
– Wash the strawberries and cut them into small slices.
– Top the strawberries on the bread with soya butter.
– 2 spelt bread
– 1 tablespoon cream cheese
– Slices smoked salmon
– Grease the cream cheese on the two slices of spelt bread.
– Top it with the lettuce and salmon.
Peanut butter banana sandwich
– 1 slice spelt bread
– 1/2 banana
– 1 tablespoon organic peanut butter
– Put the peanut butter on the spelt bread.
– Cut the banana in small slices.
– Top the spelt bread with the peanut butter with the banana slices.
Apple syrup sandwich
– 1 slice spelt bread
– 1 big tablespoon organic apple syrup
– Grease the slice of spelt bread with the apple syrup.
– 1 roasted slice spelt bread
– 1/4 ripe avocado
– 1/2 boild egg
– a few tomato slices
– 1/2 chopped garlic
– 1 teaspoon lemon juice
– a pinch of chilli
– Mash the avocado on a plate with the lemon juice, garlic and chilli.
– Put this on the roasted spelt bread.
– cut the egg into slices and put this on the bread together with the tomato slices.
Enjoy bread!!!!!!!!!! 😉